Even though we are in Phase 2 at the moment, there are many people who are still working from home and more who choose to stay at home and work out despite gyms and fitness studios reopening.
Avid runner Sherlynn Tan is one such example. Her fitness regime includes running mostly in the evenings and doing home exercises on most days.
“I’m still working from home, so my situation is relatively similar to Phase 1. I have started to enjoy doing workouts from home because it is convenient and fuss free — there’s no need to travel or pack any gear,” said the 27-year-old software developer.
“I usually do basic exercises focusing mostly on lower body and core, as well as exercises like squats, lunges, leg raises, single-leg work, bridges, crunches, planks. Sometimes I’ll pick five to six exercises and perform 20 reps of each, for three sets. Once or twice a week I’ll pick and follow an online exercise class to learn new exercises and keep things fun,” she added.
After her runs, Sherlynn also spends time stretching and foam rolling.
Accompanying her on her workouts is the latest Sony WF-SP800N Truly Wireless Sports Headphones. “I use these headphones for my runs, for exercising at home and also for working from home. I like that this is wireless, provides good noise cancellation and has a snug fit.
“There’s currently a construction project going on near my home so it’s frustratingly noisy at times (I’m very sensitive to noise). Thankfully, the Digital Noise Cancelling quality is pretty good and it helps to block out the distractions so I can focus and enjoy my workouts. When I’m outside running, the Ambient Sound Mode allows me to adjust the ambient sounds so I am still aware of my surroundings while still listening to my favourite music,” she said.
Here are some tips for working out at home:
1) Browse the different types of virtual classes offered by various gyms and fitness studios. Even though they have reopened, most of them are still offering online classes.
2) Spend some time collating free workout resources so you can plan out your fitness schedule.
3) Get simple equipment like a set of dumbbells, a resistance band and a medicine ball so you can spice your workouts up.
4) Set goals and reward yourself with new workout gear. For example, if you complete your target of 4 workouts a week, you can buy that sports bra or pair of shorts you’ve been eyeing.
5) Invest in a good pair of headphones so you can immerse fully into your workout.
The Sony WF-SP800N Truly Wireless Sports Headphones are now available at S$299. Shop online now during Sony's Mid Year Promotion and receive a FREE Gregory Sacoche M Bag worth $69. Terms and conditions apply.