Falling behind on Strava? You are not alone. A 2018 World Health Organisation (WHO) study on global health suggests that one in three Singaporeans do not get enough physical activity. One of the main reasons cited for the lack of physical activity stems from a hectic lifestyle, which in turn translates to feeling restless and fatigue after a long day. Since work and family commitments are less likely to change in the short term, one easy way to maintain your health and activity level is to nourish yourself with Korean Red Ginseng.
If you are an avid sportsperson, you may also be pleasantly surprised that beyond its long-established repute as an elixir of life, Ginseng is also one of the most studied physical-performance herb worldwide. Athletes, coaches and their health providers are consistently showing an active interest in this plant, establishing its worth as an invaluable herb in the athletic world. Korean Red Ginseng is believed to promote sports performance in the following ways:
- Increases muscle strength and growth by enhancing the body’s own creatine production.
- Boosts muscle endurance and aids in fat loss by causing the body to spare glucose and burn more fat for fuel.
- Aids muscle recovery after workouts, which encourages gains in muscle mass.
- Protects muscle fibres from damage during eccentric exercise (negative-rep training) by promoting membrane integrity.
- Reduces inflammation by reducing exercise-induced oxidative damage through free-radical scavenging.
- Reduces mental stress and boosts alertness integral to performance outcomes.
- Improves immune system and increases resistance to infections especially during periods of intensive training.
- Reduces the incidence of jockey’s itch and athlete’s foot commonly afflicting sportspersons with its anti-fungal properties.
Beyond efficacy and having no known allergic reactions, drug interactions or toxicity, Korean Red Ginseng has proven itself to be one of the most sought-after dietary supplements by athletes.
Where supplements are concerned, the quality of the raw ingredients results in the superiority of the end product, and with Korean Red Ginseng, none comes second to the time-honoured brand Cheong Kwan Jang, with its 120 years history.
Procuring only the most premium “6th Year Ginseng” at its peak potency which undergoes 293 intensive tests to ensure the integrity of the Ginseng, the company’s dedication to product quality has earned them the title of The World’s Number One Ginseng Brand, as awarded by Euromonitor International Limited.
Cheong Kwan Jang ensures that busy urbanites have ready access to their beneficial products by availing them in convenient ready-to-drink sticks and pouches that are ideal for consumption on the go.
- For an overall boost to your physical health and mental wellbeing, Korean Red Ginseng Extract Everytime Balance contains 21% of concentrated Korean Red Ginseng extract and is known to improve blood circulation, relieve fatigue and revitalise the body.
- Other than detoxifying the body and protecting the eyes, Korean Red Ginseng with Aronia also contains grape and pear juice that aid with digestion and Aronia itself has 3 times higher ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) value than blueberries, ranked as one of the top 8 superfruits worldwide.
- Especially beneficial for women, Korean Red Ginseng with Pomegranate is high in antioxidants, aids with anti-aging and soothes period pain. It also contains pomegranate juice concentrate that’s rich in essential minerals like calcium, Vitamin B and Vitamin C.
Buy Cheong Kwan Jang supplements online, or at retail stores:
CKJ Specialty Store
Chinatown Point #B2-25 T: (65) 6444 3389
WJL Concept Stores
North Point #B2-17/18 T: (65) 6481 6233
Century Square #B1-09 T: (65) 6260 0089
Parkway Parade #B-103/104 T: (65) 6282 7698
Paya Lebar Quarter #B2-27 T: (65) 6908 5485
Jurong Point #B1-15/16 T: (65) 6352 0595
Cheong Kwan Jang Pop-up Store
Raffles City #B1-K12A (Outside Cold Storage Cashier Area) – Till 29 February 2020
Tel No.: (65) 9098 1008
Ang Mo Kio Hub
Marina Bay Sands
About the Writer: Tiffany Wee is a Naturopath, Nutritionist, and Herbalist. Born in Singapore and trained in Australia, Tiffany has consulted in world-renowned establishments like Chiva Som, Verita, ESPA and Balanced Living. She is constantly recognised by her clients for her warmth, efficiency and expertise in weight management and women’s health.